How many times have you been faced with a situation of whether to follow the crowd because you wanted to “fit in?” Did you “cave in” and follow what everyone else was doing…or did you stand your ground and not be the follower?
And most importantly…did you stay true to who you are in doing so?
In this podcast episode Chaney discusses what to do in being (and staying) true to who you are…while also not worrying about what other people think and say about you.
- Why it’s important to ask yourself (and then answer) the question, “Who are you?”
- The importance of determining “what you stand for” and “what you stand against.”
- What to be aware when put in a situation of whether to “fit in” to what the crowd is doing or not.
- What to do as it relates to being who you really are when it comes to people laughing at you, saying you’re crazy, and not liking you.
- How to “draw the line” when it comes to “going against” what the crowd is doing…and how this relates to being your true self.
- What causes someone to get upset when someone criticizes them (and how to overcome worrying about it)
- When it’s ok to be a follower…and when it’s ok to be a leader (and how this is involved in being true to who you are).
- How both the positive and negative traits you have make up being authentic.
- How your “weirdness” serves a purpose in life.